-Hello, my name is Erin Grzeszak and I am a certified Gentle Sleep Coach that has been trained and certified by Kim West, LCSW-C (a.k.a The Sleep Lady®). I am married with three children and live in Northwest Florida. Before becoming a mother I received a bachelor’s degree in Elementary education and obtained an Early Childhood certification from Oklahoma State University. I have taught children from Pre-K through third grade.
When my oldest child was born, I thought I knew a lot about newborns from reading every book I could get ahold of. A short time later I realized how much I did NOT know and had inadvertently created some difficult sleep habits that were making me extremely tired as a new Mommy. I was so exhausted and concerned about these arising problems that I decided to contact a sleep coach. The Gentle Sleep Coach changed my views on sleep, helped me get my child sleeping better, and gave me the knowledge to continue on the right sleep path. The experience with our Gentle Sleep Coach made me realize I would like to be a positive help for other tired parents. After sleep training my child, I was often asked for advice from my friends and family on their children’s sleep issues and decided that this was the perfect fit for me.
I am dedicated to helping families with their children’s sleep and teaching them the tools to be successful while implementing healthy sleep habits. Having good and healthy sleep habits is a learned skill and I am here to help you teach your little one how to do that! I help families establish a Gentle Sleep Plan that will benefit not only the child but the whole family. I am here to walk you through this process and support the path you choose to take to help you and your little one get Peaceful Nights!
GSC Program Summary Including
4-5 Month Old Certification
The Gentle Sleep Coach Program is the first and most extensive professional sleep coaching certification program available. The program involves over 80 hours of training, an exam and participation in case supervision with Kim West, LCSW-C (a.k.a. “the Sleep Lady”) who has been helping tired parents for over 17 years. Clinical supervision and ongoing advanced training are required to maintain certification as a Gentle Sleep Coach. Some of my training topics included:
- Basic counseling and child development
- Sleep science and behavioral modification techniques
- Secure attachment theory
- Support for the breastfeeding mother
The training also consisted of lectures from top specialists, including:
- Postpartum Depression from Dr Shoshana Bennett, author and leading specialist on Postpartum Depression
- Medical Conditions and Sleep Apnea in Children led by Dr Lewis Kass, Director of Children’s Sleep Center
- Sensory Processing Disorders and Sleep by Jodi Jennings, OTLR
The GSC Program also includes an exclusive advanced training series directly centered around how to gently work with babies 4 and 5 months of age. This program which I have also completed consists of over 40 hours of instruction and mentorship.
Some of the curriculum training topics include:
- In depth knowledge of the delicate nature of infants under 6 months of age and how to consider all elements of their well-being.
- Current evidence based guidelines and instruction on how to evaluate the 4-6 month old child and family and determine if the child is ready for sleep coaching.
- Gentle sleep solutions and strategies that are effective and developmentally appropriate for the younger baby.
This specialty training is designed to give coaches the knowledge, education and all the tools and resources they need to successfully work with families of babies 4-6 months of age in a safe, healthy and developmentally appropriate manner.